Monday, March 2, 2009

Housewife/Daughter/In-Law/Promoter of Scrap~N











Everyone thinks being a housewife is easy, boy how wrong are they. Just because I do not get up, go out to a job does not mean I do not work. I work, I just do not get a pay check. Scrap~N~on the River is a big job but I am ONCALL 24/7 for hubby, son, mother & dad, in-laws and anyone else who might need something. I do not know how I ever worked 40 hours a week and do what I do now! Maybe that is why so many marriages fell. I do know that I have to read the love chapter in the Bible regularly to remind me that this is what I am required to do. God 1st, Family 2nd then everyone after that. I can tell when I am frazzled. I wish I could find my Beth Moore book Searching for Significance. It is the best Bible study and the other book I like is The Frazzled Female. The Frazzled Female is where I learned about a "prayer box". I made my first "pray box" about 6yrs ago. What you do is take a box, decorate it to your liking, cut a small hole in it, and then put it somewhere you have to look at it daily. And when you pray for something, write it down, put in the prayer box. We as humans are bad about getting on our knees, praying for something then getting up and try to help God out. There is something about writing it down and putting it in that box and NOT being able to get the paper out of the box. I guess it is a "mental thing". "GOD does NOT need any help!!!! My faith is strong in God! My prayer box is full. I am having to make me another one.

MaeceeBug came over and help me this weekend. To be 10yrs old she is so smart. She helped me setup the sreedsheet for the convention. She is also answering emails for Scrap~N~on the River. If you get an email from maeceebug@scrapnontheriver.com and the spelling is off alittle just remember she is only 10yrs old and she is trying to help her aunt Pam. All she wants this year is a shirt that say STAFF on it.

1 comment:

  1. Smart Staff member you have there. Don't they grow up fast? I have two 11 year old granddaughters. They would love to be right in there with her. They are a lot of help when they want to. LOL I see from the pictures that mamma is getting some much needed rest.
    I'll leave you with this thought. THE WORK OF OUR HANDS.........(And let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us:and establish thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands establish thou it. Psalm 90:17)
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete